Christmas eve day is finally here!!!!!! I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow morning to the smell of Christmas!
Today is my favorite day to bake cookies. This post is completely random but, I thought it would be nice to share a cookie recipe with you. I thought that it would put everyone in the Christmas spirit. This is a recipe for sugar cookies, which I will be making today! YAY!
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
FOR THE ICING:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- food coloring (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls, and add food coloring’s to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.
TIME TO DECORATE!
Hope everyone has an amazing Christmas and a great time making cookies!